My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, March 20, 2009

Art (Yes, Again...or is it Still?)

I'm happy to report that at last weekend's festival I sold a painting and a print (among other things.) Many thanks to Charles for the help & support, as usual. He rocks (& also sold a book or two!)

I seem to have erred on the Wildbird photo contest deadline. It's May 15th, if anyone's interested. I still doubt I'm going to bother, but you never know...

This weekend, BLAC is holding their "Art at the Refuge" show in conjunction with Friends of Southeast Louisiana Refuges. Portions of all sales go to BLAC and to the Friends of SE LA Refuges. The artists' reception & awards ceremony is Sun., Mar. 22, 3-5pm. Hope to see you there!

In other news, I've really been busting hump working on getting the BLAC webpage up. There's still work to be done, but I wanted to get something up while I'm working on it.

I now have postcards available for sale, $10 for 10 (including standard shipping in the US.) E-mail me if you're interested.

I have a lot of other art projects going on right now, but I won't bore you with the details (until & unless they become relevant!) I'm desperately in need of another nature break. Hopefully I'll get one this weekend.

9 comments:

Natural said...

congrats to your and charles. you're both doing your thing and that's excellent. i would love to sell a book just as soon as i'm done writing one. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Yes, we must must must get out in the countryside today.

Donnetta Lee said...

Hi, Lana: Just dropped by to say hello. You sound well and happy. Hope you get a nature break this weekend! Best. D

Tabib said...

I glad to know that your art work selling good.
Look you have a busy week ahead.

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Lana, super congrats!!! How EXCITING!!!

Beautiful photo from a bright light in the universe. :D

Hugs, JJ

Dave Coulter said...

You guys are BUSY! I hope you're break comes soon :)

Steve Malley said...

Yaaaaayyyyyyyy, sales!! Woot!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey beautiful,

Congrats on the sale! I always love to hear that kind of news -- you and Charles are the coolest cats around -- it's hard to get out there and do your thing --I get phobic about being out in public for too long, I swear! Hope this weekend is great! Love the new shots from your yard -- spring is definitely here.

Lana Gramlich said...

NW; Thanks. I really have to admire anyone who can write a book, even if it doesn't end up published. That's a testiment to personal discipline, y'know? I certainly wouldn't have the patience & perserverence!

Charles; We need to camp out in the yard again one of these days.

Donnetta; Thanks, hon. I appreciate it!

Tabib; Unfortunately my art "business" is still over $1000 in the red, so I wouldn't quite say it's going "good," but I appreciate the sentiment, anyway!

JJ; Thanks much. :)

Dave; It's starting to look like a break won't come until I force it, unfortunately. If I need it, I need it, though...

Steve; Yes, sales are always a good thing!

Michelle; Thanks! You're too kind, hon. I must give most of the credit to my supporter & Rock of Gibraltar, Charles.

Related Posts with Thumbnails