My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, March 27, 2009

Congratulations + Announcement (Updated)

I wanted to post a hearty congratulations to my talented husband, Charles, who was recently nominated for a Rhysling Award & invited to be a featured author at this year's Louisiana Book Festival.
This is his 3rd Rhysling nomination, this time in the short poem category for his "Wanting the Mouth of a Lover" poem (from the chapbook of the same name.) He's been working very hard forever now (it's in his baby-boomer blood, I think,) & it's nice to see him reaping some rewards for his efforts.

In addition, we recently booked a 5-day Western Caribbean Carnival Cruise for this coming May, during which we'll be taking in some well-preserved, Mayan ruins at Uxmal. We're both greatly looking forward to this, our first real vacation together in years.
(Update, May 2009; Our cruise was cancelled due to swine flu.)

17 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Your husband is a very talented writer and congrats to him on the nomination. And have fun on the cruise. My wife and I enjoyed the Mayan ruins a couple of years ago and it's an unforgettable experience.

Steve Malley said...

What awesome news! You guys are like the coolest couple I know!!

Travis said...

Congrats to Charles!

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Congratulations Charles!!

oldmanlincoln said...

Congratulations to Charles. And you guys should have fun on your vacation come May.

Lana Gramlich said...

All; Thanks for the congratulations. I'll certainly pass them on. :)

David & Abe; We've both been wanting to see Mayan ruins for quite a while now, so we're very excited about the cruise. I'll be taking a gajillion pictures, I'm sure.

Steve; I don't know...You & the Dynamo sound pretty cool, yourselves!

Sidney said...

Hey, that's great!

Charles Gramlich said...

Yes, I'm really looking forward to the cruise.

Lana Gramlich said...

Sidney; I agree, even IF I prevent him from watching "Dollhouse" somehow. ;) *L*

Charles; It'll be here before we even know it. Heck, it's already the cusp of April!

laughingwolf said...

grats to you both, lana and charles :D

Shauna Roberts said...

My congrats to Charles. That's wonderful about the cruise. I'd love to do that. Have lots of fun.

Lana Gramlich said...

laughingwolf & Shauna; Thanks much. :)

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Lana,

What a sweet post! You both are wonderfully talented -- no doubt why and how you found each other --cream rises to the top! I'm so excited for your upcoming vacation -- nothing is more fun than getting away for a few days with the one you love and a cruise sounds great; I've never been on one so I look forward to your report.

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; Aw, shucks...*blush* You're too kind. I know May 11th will be here before I even know it! I'm looking forward to my report, too. *L*

Chrissy said...

Well done to Charles for his award, it is always good to hear when hard work is rewarded... :-)Your forthcoming holiday sounds fascinating!

earthtoholly said...

Congratulations to Charles!

And hooray on the cruise! Can't wait to see your photos from this...how exciting!

Lana Gramlich said...

Chrissy & Holly; Thanks much--I'll pass on the well wishes to Charles. We're both psyched about the cruise. I'm still struggling to determine which camera(s) to bring. I suspect I'll end up bringing both. *L*

Related Posts with Thumbnails