1. I've been working very hard on a potential book cover (that I'm planning to have finished by tomorrow at the latest.)
2. Yesterday I dropped off 2 paintings for the Krewe of Erin's 25th Anniversary (Celtic themed) Art Show (which I have to pick up on Monday.)
3. I'm working to finish up designing the new webpage for the Bayou Lacombe Art Center.
4. March 14th I'll be vending at the 1st Annual LAW Spring Festival.
5. March 15th Abita Artists will be engaging in our various arts (& hopefully selling a few things,) out at the trailhead to raise interest in the local arts. I have a half-finished painting that's been lying dormant for a little while now, so this will be a good opportunity to work on it.
6. March 15th is also the deadline for Wildbird magazine's 21st Annual Photo Contest, so I have to decide ASAP whether or not I'm sending anything in for that (as of right now, I doubt it. Update; The Wildbird deadline's actually May 31st.)
7. March 31st is the deadline for Direct Art's Volume 16 Competition.
8. March 31st is also the deadline for Axelle Fine Arts "Art Now 2009" show (in New Orleans. Update; I learned March 23rd that this gallery has already gone out of business.)
9. I'm trying to get a hold of the Slidell Art League, to have a photo I'd submitted to a show (last month,) transferred over to their gift shop.
10. If I can find the time, I'd also like to write a letter to the editor of Inside Northside magazine, regarding their recent article, "Celebrating Local Art," which doesn't much, really.
(Update, Mar. 10, 2009; When I wrote this post, I'd forgotten all about a show with the Bayou Lacombe Art Center coming up on the 21st or so, so stick that between #6 & 7.)
So today Charles & I took a well-needed nature break (as usual, click for larger images)...
We enjoyed a "Can I Eat That?" hike at Fontainebleau State Park today, where we were treated to extras, as usual...
The owlets were not in the nest. Fortunately someone else in the area spotted them in the next tree over, where I got this shot.
We were delighted when the guide pointed out this alligator from the boardwalk over the marsh. We were even more delighted when one of the kids on the walk pointed out a 2nd one. Both are in the next photo (along with a coot & a tern.) Do you see the 2nd gator?
Macro shot of some type of oxalis flowers (thanks to Tom for the ID!)
In other news, a bluebird fledgling alit on my car twice this past week, a red shouldered hawk was in the backyard yesterday & one of the hairy woodpeckers I spotted last weekend has been back since then (perhaps we'll be hosting hairy woodpecker chicks this Summer.)
Now I must get back to work...