My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Art Market and Another Avian Arrival (Updated)

Sat., April 18th I'll be vending at the Art for Madisonville market along the Tchefuncte River from 10am 'til 4pm. Hope to see you there!
(Update, Sat., 4/18/09, 11am; Although we woke early, got out there & started setting up, the strong winds blew my canopy right out of the ground 2x before the market even opened, so we packed it in & came home.)

This photo is of a red-headed woodpecker I saw out back the other day (last year a pair of them had at least one chick out here, so hopefully we'll have a repeat.) In other news, there were 17 indigo buntings here the other day, completely blowing away last year's record of 7.

6 comments:

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Now I think that is a new woodpecker for me!

Good luck at the market....

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; We got blown out of the market before it even started, unfortunately. All of the work & preparation for nothing, again. This is the 2nd straight market opportunity I've had to miss, & we're rapidly running out of comfortable weather for such things. <:(
I'd always wanted to see a red-headed woodpecker, so you can imagine my excitement when they showed up in our backyard last year! They're on Audubon's watch list, unfortunately. Hopefully our little bird restaurant will help them out some.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sorry the weather was too bad for the market.

Doson said...

Like artscapes that's a new woodpecker for me too. & Best wishes for//

Travis said...

What a beautiful bird!

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; C'est la vie. I'm sorry I dragged you out of bed at an ungodly hour on a Sat. for nothing. <:(

Skippy; The red headed woodpeckers only started showing up last year. I've always wanted to see one, so I'm delighted that they nest in our area.

Travis; Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails