My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Excuse Me--A Macaroni Grill Story

Charles and I enjoy eating at Macaroni Grill on a fairly regular basis. Last year I went into their bathroom for the first time. I was the only one there. I got into a stall & locked the door when a woman's voice said, "Excuse me." I opened the door & came out. Perhaps I hadn't noticed a cleaning woman, who was going to ask me to leave just for a few minutes. Again the voice, "Excuse me." I looked around, poked my head in all of the stalls--no, I was alone. "Hello?" I asked aimlessly, seeking the source of the voice. Then a man's voice said, "SCOO-zay." I paused briefly, then started laughing uproariously at myself, glad that no one was there to witness the whole thing. It was an Italian language learning track running over the speakers! "SCOO-zay."

The photo is one of many clusters of ligustrum flowers, currently blooming in our front yard.

15 comments:

Tom said...

Lana

Funny story.....thanks for taking the time to read my post today....... So many people just look at the pictures......

Cloudia said...

LOL Lana!
Aloha

Travis said...

Bwahahahahahahaaa!

letspaintnature.com said...

HA, HA, Haaaa! Don't worry, I've done plenty of things and was glad nobody saw! lol.
:D

Charles Gramlich said...

I bet you were all sessy and stuff as you checked out the stalls.

Rob said...

We love that place, too. Did you also notice the sign on the bathroom door? It says "Women" on the outside but "Men" on the inside. The Men's Room is the opposite. Who hasn't thought that they might have walked into the wrong one on occasion?

Lauren said...

I haven't been to Macaroni Grill in aaages because there aren't any near us now. But it's so good. I love that story, too funny. Probably language instruction isn't the best background "music" for a bathroom :). That's too funny :)

Mark said...

Funny story Lana. In the case of live or memorex, obviously memorex this time.

Lana Gramlich said...

Tom; Anytime. I know what it's like. I sometimes get people commenting on pictures I've said I DIDN'T post.

Cloudia, Travis, Christine, Lauren & Mark; Glad you enjoyed my "moment in the Sun." *L*

Charles; If so, it was only because I was thinking of you.

Rob; Yes! That caught my husband off guard once!

bernie kasper said...

I heard the same thing once, problem is I carried on a conversation before I figured it out !!

ivan@creativewriting.ca said...

Uncanny.

debra said...

Funny story. I can picture it...An interesting way to learn a language.

earthtoholly said...

Holy cow. Next time I wanna learn Italian, I know where to go! "...where to go..." ha-ha, get it?!

Larry said...

Ha!That is funny-kind of odd that they would have tht playing in the bathroom.

Lana Gramlich said...

bernie; *LOL!* At least I'm not alone. ;)

ivan; I had to laugh...

debra; I can't say I've learned much more than "excuse me," but I'll certainly never forget THAT!

holly; *ROFL!* Good one!

Larry; I know! When I finished laughing at the situation I was kind of like, "What the..?"

Related Posts with Thumbnails