My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Roosevelt State Park, Day 1 (Updated)

Our cabin at Roosevelt State Park was nice enough--very close to the lake--although there was no telling when the last time was that the floor had been swept (nevermind washed.) We learned early on that the pool & waterslide didn't open 'til Memorial Day weekend. I wish they'd mentioned that on the website. I got some photos, at any rate...

One of many barn swallows.

Charles fishing.

One of several great egrets. (Update, June 2009; Published by stateparks.com on the park's website and in Anthology of Friends; An Original Collection, Vol. 3.)

Rat bastard with a nut on cypress knees.

Behind our cabin, sunset at the lake with Canada geese. (Update, June 2009; I currently have a 14x11" matte photo print of a slightly different version of this image available for sale. Published by stateparks.com on the park's website and in Anthology of Friends; An Original Collection, Vol. 3.)

17 comments:

Cloudia said...

Thanks for bringing us along, Lana. Hope Charles catches some contentment by the water....Aloha you two.
ps: thanks to both of you for your kind visits to my blog too

Charles Gramlich said...

I enjoyed being there with you. Loved seeing all the birds. You got some great photos.

Laurie Powers said...

It's always nice just to get away. Your photos are spectacular. Love the egret and the sunset...

Sidney said...

I like the egret too and the sunset. Great shots.

Chrissy said...

That egret is amazing and it is a beautiful sunset, Great shots Lana and I hope you both had a nice time. Sorry you had all those frustraions before you went way, I hate stuff like that!

Travis said...

Wow that sunset is stunning!

Travis Erwin said...

Awesome sunset and I like that rat bastard shot as well. Welcome back.

lecticiaschaydegger said...

BELISSIMO TEU BLOG!! PARABENS!!
ÓTIMA SEMANA! CONVIDO VC A VISITA O MEU SE VC GOSTA E QUIZER ADC VOU AMAR E CLARO FAZER O MESMO! BJAUM LECTICIA SCHAYDEGGER[VITÓRIA E.SANTO]

JR's Thumbprints said...

Your significant other tried to pass off his catch of the day as bait. Is that him standing on the dock? I'm sure you caught a bigger fish than he. Welcome back. Hope your vacation was enjoyable.

debra said...

Wonderful photos, Lana. thanks for sharing them.

Dave Coulter said...

Nice shots....looks like it was a relaxing time!

Doson said...

Cool you got cute Rat Bastard :D
I'd love to have a bigger view :)

Barbara Martin said...

Thank you for the peak into your days with the lovely photos, Lana.

Omar Modesto said...

The Great Egret photo is an excellent capture.

Lana Gramlich said...

Cloudia; Thank YOU & NP. ;)

Charles; And you got that monster fish! I enjoyed our time together.

Laurie; Yeah, it was a good, little trip. Thanks!

Sidney, Travis, Travis E., debra & Barbara; Thank you. :)

Chrissy; Thanks. I suppose the timing couldn't be any better. I got most of the computer restoration done before we left, so I wasn't coming home to the hassle, y'know? I'm getting used to losing art contests, so no biggie there, I s'pose.

lecticiaschaydegger; I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. You have a nice blog, as well. :)

JR; Thanks. It was a nice time. Yep, that's Charles on the dock. I didn't fish. I only like fishing when there's catching going on. ;)

Dave; Thank you. I only wished we'd been able to get in some hiking, but it was SO bloody HOT!

Skippy; Thanks. You do know that you can always click on any picture for a really nice, BIG view, right?

Omar; Thank you kindly. I was pleased that one had come out so well, too. :)

earthtoholly said...

Wow...that looks like a beautiful place. The fishing spot is especially nice. And that egret shot...that is definitely awesome!

bernie kasper said...

I just love that sunset, wonderful image !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails