My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Monday, May 4, 2009

Updated Painting

Rain Slicked
18x14" acrylic on canvasboard

Unseen here are the effects of metallic gold paint & dots, smears & spotches of gloss varnish, which both catch the light. I originally did the base of this painting in Sept. of last year as it's own work, "Aurora." Unfortunately it's garnered little interest, so I considered changes I could make to it since then. This outcome was not what I'd originally had in mind, but sometimes art doesn't go according to plan. To be honest, it may change yet again from this point. I'm still looking & thinking, looking & thinking.

14 comments:

bernie kasper said...

Lovely work Lana, personally I like it as is, the color is beautiful in this, wonderful piece of art !!

Cloudia said...

Lana: I truly love your sensibility and it's results!
Aloha

Marvin said...

I've tried to drive while looking through a windshield that looked a lot like this. A much better painting than view of the world while driving.

Charles Gramlich said...

There's definitely an added quality to this version.

Laurie Powers said...

Looking & thinking...words to live by.

Larry said...

It reminds me of what my windshield
Looked like after driving though a rainbow and a swarm of bugs.-Just kidding of course-interesting design.

JR's Thumbprints said...

At first glance, I saw a ginger bread man laying in a field.

Miladysa said...

The changes have had an interesting effect on the light in the painting and added an additional quality :D

Doson said...

Great-- The background is wonderful. And plus the green rings are awesome

ivan@creativewriting.ca said...

I'd like to see the mad ladies hanging paintings all over my apartment hallways to hang this one. It would certainly stand out.

Donnetta Lee said...

Oh, I like it just the way it is. Such pretty colors. Calm. D

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

How beautiful, Lana!!! I love your artistic eye. The diagonal lines really add intensity.

The post below has me chuckling. LOL Beautiful photo there too.

Hugs, JJ

letspaintnature.com said...

This does have the feeling of rain on the window! I like the faint circular patterns in the back!

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks for the kind comments, all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails