My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Anniversaries, Space & a Baby Rat

Here's the photo of the baby brown rat that Charles mentioned in the comments of my last post, for those that are interested. Click for a larger view.
In other news--brace yourself--today's the 15th anniversary of comet Shoemaker-Levy crashing into Jupiter. I swear it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. It's also the 40th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11, which brought Buzz Aldrin & Neil Armstrong to the moon.
In other anniversary news, tomorrow (Fri., Jul. 17th) is the 6th anniversary of my moving to the New Orleans area.

8 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

He's so cute.

writtenwyrdd said...

I think it's a Cute Overload rule that anything with beady eyes is cute. This little guy has definitely cornered the market on cute.

Doson said...

that's a cutie although i really don't like rats :) Hope you are fine Skippy..

Travis said...

It was really 15 years ago? Wow. I remember how exciting that was.

Cloudia said...

Yes, and Monday is the landing's anniversay! Amazing.

I bet Charles celebrates the anniv of your moving to LA!

Cute rat. Spare and rich post; a treat.

Aloha, Lana

Comfort Spiral

Chris Eldin said...

Rats freak me out, but that one is very cute for some reason!
Happy New Orleans Anniversary!
:-)

Angie said...

today's the 15th anniversary of comet Shoemaker-Levy crashing into Jupiter

Holy sheep. O_O Wow, it... well, yeah, I guess. It was before I got married, and that's going to be thirteen years in about a month, so.... Whoa.

Angie, wandering off to figure out where all the time wen

laughingwolf said...

wuffs are NOT rat friendly, but i'd let this one live, as long as it stayed... OUT THERE ;)

neat anniversaries, all... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails