My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Rains Stop & Other Things (Updated)

As suddenly as it came on, my back problem seems to have largely disappeared. It's not completely better, but I can walk & move again, even if I still need to take it easy. During my 2 weeks of non-walking, I was stuck on the couch most of the time, watching TV. To break up the mind-numbing monotony I did a little painting;

"October"
8x10" acrylic on canvasboard
(The trees are done in metallic gold paint, which
can't be accurately captured in a static image.)

In other news...
Because I'm feeling better (& with Charles' help,) I managed to set up my art display at the Causeway branch of the library, which will run through the end of August.
A gentleman from the Times Picayune newspaper called me this morning to interview me about Abita Artists (which I founded last Summer.) It will run July 12th. (Update, 7/13/09; The interview doesn't appear to have run on the 12th. I'm waiting to hear when it might run, instead.)
Published today, I also have a few works in Anthology of Friends; An Original Collection, Volume 4.

17 comments:

Cloudia said...

Yes, funny how back monsters some and then dissapear. May yours stay away for a while.

I like "October" it must be interesting in person.

Thanks for sharing a bit of the artist's life in Albita; encouraging!

Aloha-

Comfort Spiral

Michelle's Spell said...

Lovely work, Lana! Hope you're feeling much better. Back pain is the very worst!

Chris Eldin said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!
:-)

debra said...

So glad you're feeling better, Lana.
I love the simplicity of this painting :-)

Travis Erwin said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Erik Donald France said...

That is really cool, both the back ease and the artwork! Salud!

Could easily be one of those fancy cards they sell at Borders ;->

Charles Gramlich said...

So glad you are feeling better

Natural said...

well that's a good thing. back pain sucks and at least you were able to get some painting in. a simple but nice piece.

Doson said...

Simple & Meaningful Painting..
Glad you're getting better

Teresa Silverthorn said...

I like this type of artwork. It would make a great wall hanging. Good job :)

Lauren said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. I really like your painting.

Scott said...

Lana,

I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Take care and get completely healed up!

That painting is great, by the way...simplistic, yet beautiful. Good work!

Laurie Powers said...

I love this piece. And of course that you're feeling better!

ivan@creativewriting.ca said...

Achievement out of pain. Good.

Barbara Martin said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, Lana. Back aches are tough to endure. Continue to take it easy for awhile yet.

The trees in the painting have a nice sense of connection.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Lana - Trust me when I say - the art is healing. I hope you are feeling better and stay that way!

Travis said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails