My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Monday, July 20, 2009

Yard Visitor, Art News & Astronomy

One of our normally nocturnal "kids" has been coming by in the afternoons to shake us down for sunflower seeds. Today I had some scraps for him (since some of our avian "kids"--blue jays--were squawking about it.)
In art news, I popped down to the Causeway library today to change out my display there, detail from my "Sunrise at the Falls" painting was featured on the cover of the latest edition of Alternatives magazine, "Abita Artists" is planning a show (details TBA,) and I'm signing up to participate again in Slidell's Arts Evening.
In online art news, I've started blogs that solely feature my art & available photo prints. I've also started an art newsletter. Drop me a comment if you're interested in being added to the mailing list for the newsletter.
Of course, today was the 40th anniversary of the first lunar landing. I continue to be awed by NASA and its plans & very much look forward to wherever we go from here!

6 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Holy moly, that's great, new blogs and all!

Cheers also to NASA. Actually spoke to a dude who says he wishes he could take the flight to Mars -- even though it would take over five years return trip, if everything works. I'll be glad to follow from Earth ;->

Good luck with your multi-endeavors!

David Cranmer said...

We have one of those bandits in our backyard that's always rummaging through our compost pile stealing our freshly buried scraps. Nice enough robber though.

Laurie Powers said...

I'd rather have a raccoon than an opossum, tho - ugly things.
Yes, definitely put me on your lists for the other blogs Lana - you know how much I love your prints.

Charles Gramlich said...

I think it's a good idea to have the art all in one location. Cool beans.

Donnetta Lee said...

We're both thinking of little creatures! I just posted about a skunk. hahaha Very cute picture, Lana. Hope this finds you well. D

Steve Malley said...

I kinda miss raccoons-- like the squirrels, they didn't make the jump to NZ either...

Related Posts with Thumbnails