My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, August 28, 2009

A Birding Surprise, Etc.

As mentioned in a previous post, I saw an adult male blue grosbeak at our feeder a while back, which is completely unusual for this time of year. Subsequently, I saw something that I first thought was a female indigo bunting (which also would have been unusual.) Today I was finally able to get a zoomed shot of the mystery visitor. After further research (& to my delight,) it has turned out to be either an adult female or a juvenile blue grosbeak.
In other news, I've learned that healing is more of a process than it was when I was younger. My first day back at work was an 8 hour shift, after which I felt totally horrible; nauseous & in a lot of pain. It's to be expected, of course. I still look forward to being completely back in the swing of things, even if it's going to take a while.

13 comments:

Natasha Fondren said...

Ugh! I hope you heal soon, Lana! Thinking of you!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey lovely Lana,

Hope you're feeling better soon! God, I hear you about recovery. It sucks -- you want to be ready to go and do all that you did and the body says, WTF? I'll be sending all good thoughts your way!

Charles Gramlich said...

So cool about the bird.!

Glad we have the weekend coming up.

Dave Coulter said...

Nice shot there....hope you feel better real soon too :)

JR's Thumbprints said...

It's amazing how the body can heal. But the older you are, the longer it takes. In your case, it shouldn't take that long.

Doson said...

I believe you are recovering fast.. Stay Healthy Skippy

Shauna Roberts said...

Hope you will feel better for work after the weekend off.

That's really cool about your grosbeaks. I've never seen one. We've sighted an exotic parakeet in our yard recently, but I haven't gotten a good enough look at it to identify it yet, let alone photograph it.

Avery DeBow said...

Recovery is a slow process. Try and take it easy.

Love the new banner image.

Chris Eldin said...

I hope the long weekend will help. You can't rush these things, but also I hope you're eating the right foods to speed recovery.

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Beautiful shot, Lana!!! I have never seen a blue grosbeak. Didn't know they existed.

Wild wave!!!

Hugs, JJ

Chrissy said...

It is great to see something unexpected isn't it?
I love the happy hearts painting, really uplifting.
Oh and I do hope you recover soon XX

Christina said...

How long did it take you to be able to look at a bird and know what catagory it fit in?

I really can't wait to have a bird feeder.

Travis said...

I've been meaning to thank you for posting pictures of the birds you see around your environment. To me, a bird has always just been a bird. But these days I find myself looking at them more.

I still can't recognize what they are, but I'm more aware of the individuality of them now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails