My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Flatwoods Photos, Etc.

Despite it still being wayyyy too hot & humid to leave the house yet, we went for a hike at the Flatwoods the other day. In addition to the photos shown here, we also stumbled upon a snake (possibly a cottonmouth,) but I didn't have my 300mm lens with me, so I didn't get any photos before it slithered off into the high grass.
(**SPIDER WARNING** Spider photo below!)

Obligatory sunset.

Macro of very tiny, unknown flowers.

Argiope aurantia (aka; yellow & black garden spider.)


In art news;
1. I posted a new/old painting over on my art blog,
2. I'll be posting another one tomorrow, and
3. I'll be displaying at Bayou Lacombe Art Center's "Fall Art Exhibit" this weekend at the Heart Hospital in Lacombe.

In etc. news, it looks like I'm facing surgery to remove bone spurs in my shoulder. I learned today that my rotator cuff already shows "abnormalities," which certainly explains my 2+ years of unrelenting pain (sans cortisone shot.) Recovery will be slow & tedious, but worth it. I'm a bit swamped over the next month (roughly,) so I'll schedule the surgery for sometime in mid-November, I think. Then HOPEFULLY I'll be all good again for a while!

10 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

You're always "good" sweetness.

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Lana,

Good God, woman, you have been through it! I hope the surgery helps and gets you out of that evil pain. Beautiful spider picture! Despite my aversion to snakes, I really like spiders for some reason.

Avery DeBow said...

I'm glad you're getting your shoulder taken care of. Surgery sucks, but chronic pain sucks even more.

I love the photo of the walkway. It's ominous, yet compelling. I have a deep suspicion of what lurks at the end, yet still want to go down it.

Lynda Lehmann said...

Aw, sorry to hear you have pain and will need surgery, Lana. Have you gotten a second opinion?

I love the photos, particularly the narrow lane of trees, which is full of mystery

I hope that by some turn of fate, you will be told you can get along without the surgery!

Erik Donald France said...

These are really cool shots!

Good luck with your bone spurs and such. I'm starting to wonder if my left rotator cuff is ailing, or if it's from keyboarding so much over the years.

Always something, eh? Salud!

letspaintnature said...

I LOVE Obligatory Sunset! What a perfect name...obligated to watch and observe such beauty. You nailed it!
I wish you were not in pain, I will send some extra intentions your way.
xoxo

Dave Coulter said...

Nice sunset, bad spider, and good news about the shoulder! :)

Steve Malley said...

Obligatory Sunset-- who told you my stripper name?! :)

Jan said...

I am glad you stopped by my blog and introduced yourself. I, too, am interested in local blogs, and enjoyed reading your posts. You have some really great photos.

Jan
Always Growing

Laurie Powers said...

Lana, your photos are gorgeous. I wish I could buy a few more right now! As for your surgery, I know it will be worth it. My sister just went through 9-hour back surgery a few weeks ago and she already can feel a huge difference. So the end may be in sight, girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails