My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, September 4, 2009

New Abstract 'n Stuff

I'm considering doing something like this large scale, so I figured I'd do a 14x11" study to get an idea of how it would look. As usual, it's an acrylic painting that includes some metallic gold paint (to catch the light.) I don't like titling works, in general & that goes double for abstracts. For this, I went with the first thing that came to mind (without thinking,) "421."
I brought my "Autumn Hillside" painting in for the upcoming "A Change of Seasons" show in Slidell. In other art news, Abita Artists is planning a show for the 2nd week in October, so I'm fairly busy with preparations for that. I also got an idea today to do a painting of a sandhill crane in a foggy marsh. If I can find some time, I may do a study for that over the long weekend.
Unfortunately my shoulder's back to hurting as much as it was before the cortisone shot. Out of pocket expenses worked out to roughly $17.80 per day for a mere 45 days of relief. At this point I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with it anymore. It was a hassle, but I'd grown somewhat used to not using it.

8 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

The first thing that came to my mind when observing this painting was: "The Dangerous Feather." It looks like a feather impaling the canvas. Neatly done.

Cloudia said...

Your work speaks to me, Lana.
Seriously.


Do consider trying Reiki; I bet you know someone who practices it in your circle. It's mysetrious but feels good and produces results for me...kinda like your work.

Aloha friend-

Comfort Spiral

YogaforCynics said...

Love it--actually reminds me of a painting I saw in a Dada exhibit in Philly earlier this evening (the piece in question wasn't particularly Dada...think it was there because the artist was associated with the movement, and, no doubt, because it was a really cool painting, like yours...).

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Lana,

I agree with JR on this one -- the dangerous feather indeed! Very cool. I hope you're feeling much better soon. It's weird that one of your comments mentioned reiki -I'm trying it today for some chronic hip and joint pain at the suggestion of my sister. I'll let you know how it goes!

Dave Coulter said...

I'm a big fan of cranes....It would be awesome if you can create something!

Charles Gramlich said...

This is my favorite abstract by you. It just ignites my imgination. I love it.

Travis said...

I like that a lot.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Very cool! I wish I could see the metallic! Love the direction your work has taken... Amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails