My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pink Floyd & Art

I neglected to point out in my last post that Roger Waters turned 65 on Sept. 6th. Happy belated birthday to Roger. This coming Tues., the 15th, is the 1st anniversary of Rick Wright's death. He is still missed.
In other news, I completed another painting the other day, and although the end product changed along the way, I'm pretty happy with it.
Again, somehow, I've found myself completely swamped (pardon the pun,) with art duties lately. Even this weekend's almost totally shot. An art show I'm in had it's opening reception this evening & I was just too exhausted to go. I need to finish some projects & just STOP. Do a few markets now & again, maybe, but that's it. Now that Autumn's cooler weather is approaching, I need to sit out on the deck with a margarita again & just watch the birds.
The photo above was taken at the Flatwoods near our house the other day. I don't know what kind of moth that is on the prairie blazing star. (IDs are welcome, as always.)

14 comments:

Marvin said...

Please do me a favor: Sit out on the deck and have a margarita (or two) for me. Our fall show schedule starts next weekend. When my deck-sitting time rolls around, there will probably be snow flurries. :-)

(The flower looks like some type of Blazing Star. There are many species. And, the butterfly looks more like a moth, maybe something in Tribe Spilomelini. Those are my guesses.)

YogaforCynics said...

Great photo and painting.

And I'd say deck-margarita-some Floyd (preferably earlier/less dark, but maybe that's just my personal preference) should work just fine...

Travis said...

I don't know that I can ever think of rock idols as senior citizens. Mick Jagger is 66, Eric Clapton is 64, Carlos Santana is 62, to name just a few.

I guess it's because these guys are still going strong and playing music.

Charles Gramlich said...

You deserve two margaritas on the deck.

Steve Malley said...

Love that painting! It catches so many of those quiet, pensive feelings that elude me in my own work.

And when it's time to refill the well, why not refill it with margaritas?! ;p

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Lana,

The margarita sounds pretty good about now! Here's to the new show and new work! Pretty flower, but no clue on identity.

Shauna Roberts said...

Beautiful painting! You do such great birds!

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Yup - An nice marguerita on the deck sounds great!

JR's Thumbprints said...

That moth looks like a fancy Mayfly (which doesn't exist).

Doson said...

Cool Happy Belated B'day// ur favorite artist rocks.. And BTW i like ur new header "where nature, dreams and art find a home.'

TAKE CARE

Chris Eldin said...

It's hard to relax and regroup after a project...It's like you have all this adrenalin, and you want to keep going. But it's important for mental health to do that, it really is. Enjoy those margaritas! I'm glad Charles is giving you an extra one!
:-)

Erik Donald France said...

Cheers to Floyd, your photo, and a nifty maragarita or two . . .

Larry said...

I enjoy Pink Floyd's music but I must confess that I never replaced the many records I had of theirs with cd's.That is on my tod do list.My first 2 will be meddle an animals two of my favorites.

poker rakeback said...

Pink Floyd was one of the most revolutionary groups of the last 40 years ago. They werent afraid to go against the grain and try something completely off the wall. They are still brilliant musicians and I am a huge fan of David Gilmour!

Related Posts with Thumbnails