My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Sunday, October 11, 2009

2nd Anniversary & Other Stuff

Today's Charles' & my 2nd wedding anniversary. As I write this he's up on the roof, cleaning off debris & looking for a possible leak (I noticed stains on the ceiling in the den today, unfortunately.) Despite the perils of homeownership, I'm still very happy. Charles has been a blessing in my life & I wouldn't trade him for the world.
Today's also Abita Artists' "Meet the Artists" reception at the Trailhead Museum, so I'll have to leave my honeydumplins for a few hours to go shmooze. I'm no good at shmoozing. Fortunately wine will be available. In other, good, art news, one of my pieces has already sold at Phil's Grill (a restaurant in Hammond, LA.) I only brought my stuff out there a week ago.
I wandered around our yard again yesterday, around sunset, & found many bumblebees sleeping among our copious amounts of goldenrod (click on photo to enlarge.) I'd heard of this, but never saw it myself. Often they're mistaken for being dead, but come the warmth of tomorrow's sun & a morning nip of nectar (akin to bee coffee, I suppose,) they'll be up & buzzing around anew. Have you ever seen a sleeping bumblebee?

23 comments:

Dave Coulter said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Congrats on the art sale too :)

Laurie Powers said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. It warms my heart knowing that happiness like yours is possible.
And only you, Lana, could make goldenrod look so good. Keep it up.

Travis Erwin said...

Happy Anniversary to the both of you. Here's wishing the two of you a lifetime of love and laughter.

Travis said...

Happy Anniversary!

And I hope you don't have a serious leak.

Natasha Fondren said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so thrilled for you guys! And I'm going to spend all week mentally replacing "Charles Gramlich" with "honeydumplins."

It's the small things that make me laugh. :-)

Angie said...

Hey, congrats and Happy Anniversary to both of you! :D

Angie

Brave Astronaut said...

And Happy Birthday - two days early!

Christina said...

Happy Anniversary!

I hope the leak is easy to fix.

Doson said...

I think I am late Skippy but still... Happy Anniversary

Jan said...

Hope your anniversary was special, and congrats on selling your art. Love the goldenrod you have pictured. Every time I see it blooming, I could kick myself for not having some in my garden.

Jan
Always Growing

debra said...

I hope your day was a good one, Lana, and that the bees are happily doing their dance. They would still be sleeping here in the tundra. brrr...

G said...

Happy Anniversary!

Charles Gramlich said...

So glad you are in my life. We will have many more great anniversaries, and every days in between.

bernie kasper said...

Congrats on the Anniversary Lana, here is to many more !!

Steve Malley said...

Happy ANniversary!!! So happy for you both!!

Erik Donald France said...

Hey, congratulations! That's awesome. In blog time, seems like yesterday!

Never seen a sleeping bee, only napping squirrels.

earthtoholly said...

Happy Anniversary, Lana & Charles! And of course, may you have many more. Maybe I have seen sleeping bumblebees...and you're right, I thought they had expired. I feel better now. :o)

Lisa said...

Happy belated anniversary, Lana!
Congrat's on the sale of one of your wonderful works of art!

I've seen bees sleeping on goldenrod, too. It's so amazing, isn't it? Beautiful capture!

Cloudia said...

Happy Anniversary, Lana & Charles.

Many more, and many more sales too.


All the best-


Aloha,

Comfort Spiral

Crayons said...

Hi Lana,
I really love your connection with nature. I'm back in the game now with a new computer and Internet. Sorry I've been absent.

Michelle's Spell said...

Happy anniversary, beautiful! I think it's the very best thing in the world to fall in love and find the person that makes you happy. And selling art, well, that's pretty cool too!

Chrissy said...

Happy anniversary to you both. It is so strange, I thought you had been together for years for some reason. Perhaps it is because you seem so comfortable together, who knows but I wish you many more to come XX
I hope the Artober fest went well, I do really love that painting, it is one of my favourites.

timethief said...

Double drat! I missed your second anniversary too. Best wishes to you both for a lifetime of love together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails