My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, October 2, 2009

A Bit More from the Hermitage

I took another wander around our front yard in Abita Springs today.
Here are some highlights...

Bumblebee on goldenrod.

Carolina anole.

Paper wasp on goldenrod.

A particularly impressive goldenrod head.

Honeybee on goldenrod.

The use of my 300mm zoom lens helped me avoid any nasty fatal-stinging-insect-allergy issues. Considering the lovely weather recently & the impending full moon, Charles & I may camp at Fontainebleau State Park tomorrow. If so, it will be our first visit in months.

6 comments:

Tabib said...

I like this golden colour, insect and flowers.

YogaforCynics said...

I was actually thinking about how close you must've gotten to these stinging insect...good to know you were a safe distance away...gorgeous shots...

Erik Donald France said...

That's beautiful, suffused with a yellowy gold mix.

Laurie Powers said...

I was going to ask what lens you used and then you answered my question! Mental telepathy. Loverly as usual.

pilgrimchick said...

The insect shots are great!

letspaintnature said...

Ooooo, I have a taste for honey now! Awesome pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails