My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy American Thanksgiving & Such

I completed another painting out in our backyard the other day. It's one of my largest works, involving the hose & 3 jars of severely watered-down paint. It was purely experimental, a lot of fun & a great stress reliever.
Yesterday I rec'd some lovely art cards I'd won from my Canadian blog-friend, Michelle. A truly uber-talented artist, I strongly recommend a visit to her site. Make sure to bookmark it so you can go back for more!
Today I swapped out some of my paintings for photos at Phil's Grill. Perhaps Black Friday will help get me out of the red (& garner some extra funds for art programs at local schools, which is what PHILanthropy is all about.)
A few hours ago I put Charles on a plane to go see his family. Not a big holiday person, I'm looking forward to some quiet days off filled with no shopping, major cooking or piles of dishes, but I already miss Charles.

Happy American Thanksgiving to everyone, wherever you are in the world. Take a few moments to set aside the stresses and frustrations of modern life and consider your blessings. Make sure that your loved ones know how you feel about them. Love is good for everyone.

(Full credit to the South Park people for
today's image of Gobbles, the turkey.)

18 comments:

Laurie Powers said...

You're wonderful, Lana. I always love coming to your blog - it's like a peaceful retreat for me. Enjoy your mini vacation!

Brave Astronaut said...

And Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

David Cranmer said...

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and Charles.

Cloudia said...

Aloha, Friend &
Happy Thanksgiving,

Comfort Spiral

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Gobbles is not looking too healthy... LOL!
Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you enjoy the cards... :-)

Scott said...

Lana,

Have a good holiday. :)

JR's Thumbprints said...

You put Charles on a plane? Are you sure you didn't barter him away as well? Hope you had a peaceful holiday.

Rick said...

You and Charles should get an award for "Best Creative Couple!"

Erik Donald France said...

Happy Holidaze, Lana!

Yes, that is very true -- love is good for everyone, even the damned.

Chrissy said...

Hope you have had a nice break ;D
Artwork with a hose sounds interesting to say the least ;-)

Steve Malley said...

I kinda missed Thanksgiving this year-- not that hard, since it's not a holiday here! :)

Dave Coulter said...

Hope you guys had a nice holiday....there's much to be thankful for!

Lynda Lehmann said...

Yes, let's all count our blessings!

I hope Charles has a good time with his family, and you enjoy the solitude in your quiet setting.

Love to YOU, Lana!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Lana,
Hope you enjoyed the holiday! I'm with you -- don't much care for the whole nightmare of people, energy, and everything else. Here's to surviving December! Love the new picture!

Marvin said...

It's really too bad there isn't a way to enjoy major home cooking without major dirty dishes.

I hope Charles enjoyed his family visit and you enjoyed your hassle-free Thanksgiving.

Crayons said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lana. The artwork sounds....big and interesting!

Larry said...

That Wild Turkey looks like it drank too much Wild Turkey.

timethief said...

I entirely missed Thanksgiving (the American version) but I say my "gratefuls" every night to I'm motivated to make the correct choices for the day before me when I wake up. I do enjoy witnessing your art. You have so much talent and my imagination regarding "hose" art is running wild so I can't wait to see what you created.

Love and peace to you dear one,
titi

P.S. I'm linking to my new blog so you can see what I've been up to there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails