My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, December 25, 2009

Healing...Slowly but Surely

My shoulder surgery went well. The bone spurs were removed & my rotator cuff wasn't as bad as expected. Unfortunately my labrum was worse--it had to be reattached to the bone with 2 bolts. Instead of the original one week recovery the doctor hoped for, I'm in the middle of three. Although my use is still severely limited & my pain's not completely gone, I feel I've turned a corner recently. I can finally type with 2 hands again. I'm also happy to report that my original shoulder pain is totally gone. That's a wonderful feeling.

A million thanks to Charles for all of his tender loving care. Thanks also to friends who have called &/or e-mailed to see how I'm doing &/or to wish me well, as well as to those who were kind enough to bring me a couple of plates from our recent Abita Artists holiday potluck (which I couldn't attend.)

Happy holidays (where applicable.)

15 comments:

debra said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Lana. I wish you happy, healthy, peaceful and loving days.

Michelle's Spell said...

Merry Christmas, beautiful! So glad you're done with surgery and on the mend. Much love to you and Charles!

Charles Gramlich said...

Hurrah for a sweetie on the mend!

Michelle (artscapes) said...

So glad everything turned out well!!
Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
M

Laurie said...

I've been thinking about you. Glad you're on the mend!

Erik Donald France said...

Happy holidays, y'all, and a speedy recovery, and great 2010!

Natasha Fondren said...

Lana, I hope it keeps getting better and better! Big holiday wishes for you and Charles.

Happy Holidays!
Natasha :-)

Dave Coulter said...

Glad you're on the mend....Happy Holidays you two!

Rob said...

Glad to hear it went well. Merry Christmas, Lana, and get well soon. :)

Sphinx Ink said...

So glad you're feeling better, Lana. Living in pain is so miserable.

Please follow your doc's orders--don't use the arm too much too soon. I have another friend who had rotator cuff surgery, used the arm too soon, and ended up having to undergo a repeat surgery. She is finding the second surgery much harder to recover from.

I know your kind and loving Charles is helping you out and will keep you from doing too much.

Best wishes for happy holidays and a wonderful New Year!

letspaintnature said...

I am so happy your original pain is gone! That's great news! I'm hoping your healing will go as quick as possible. Rest up. This next year will be even better than the last!

Rick said...

Just checking in again to say hurry up and be better. The world of art needs your pitching arm!

Chrissy said...

I do hope you continue to be on the mend...it will be so good if it improves it, take care ~ ChrissyX

earthtoholly said...

Lana, I am so sorry about your surgery, but am glad to read that your arm is a little better. Thank goodness for Charles, huh? Sounds like a great person. May you be completely healed very soon! :o)

fazrul arhan said...

This is so beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails