My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Monday, December 28, 2009

An Outing (Finally)

It's been quite I while since I've been able to get out of the house & not having the use of my "primary" arm has been contributing to some recent stir-craziness. To break up the monotony, Charles & I went to the Abita Creek Flatwoods Preserve the other day.

Outside of our house, there were all kinds of funky cloud formations throughout the sky.

I don't know what kind of plants these are, but they grow fairly prolifically at the Flatwoods & all of them were ablaze with surreal colors.

Considering all of our recent rains (this month's been the wettest in history here,) much of the ground was still too sloppy for hiking, so we stuck to the boardwalk.

Charles enjoying the sunset.

I'm pleased to report that all of these shots were taken with my replacement Canon PowerShot A570IS (albeit one-handedly.) It's nice to have my baby back (even though the flash doesn't seem to work.)

In other news, I'm sorry to report that the comment spammers have finally gotten to me, too. As a result I'm activating word verification (at least for a while.)

12 comments:

Dave Coulter said...

Looks like it was a nice outing :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Yeah!

Christina said...

Hmm, yep, going to buy a better camera.

It's good you are feeling well enough to get out of the house, even if it's for just a little bit.

Good to hear everything is going good now.

Scott said...

Lana,

Glad to see you were able to get out and take more great pics to share with us...thanks!

Erik Donald France said...

Lana, excellent. Beautiful shots --

meanwhile, my left (writing) arm seems to be in trouble. Maybe Dr. Frank's is worth a shot . . .

Chrissy said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and that you have ur baby back. I would be so lost without either of my camera's

Angie said...

It's great to have you back and functional. {{}}

Those flowers look kind of like closed four-o'clock buds. I know they're not -- the leaves are way too small -- but that's what they remind me of, including the colors. [squint]

Angie

G said...

Great to hear you're out and about.

Nice pics and bummer about having to move your comments up to the next level.

Let's hope you don't get to my level of commenting.

Peace.

Kate S said...

Beautiful photos as always, Lana. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Ello said...

I'm glad to hear you are doing better Lana! You take care of yourself and I'll be praying for you to be 100% asap! These photos are beautiful as always. The third is my favorite. Something very moving about that piece to me.

Happy new year!!!!

earthtoholly said...

Wow. Beautiful pics, as usual! I especially like the one of Charles in front of that pastel sky. Have a safe and happy New Year, Lana!

Doson said...

great pics.. I think it's cold out there too :P Anyways' hope you're getting better skippy... Take Care

Related Posts with Thumbnails