My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Weather, Health and Art

Due to the weather & such, I still haven't really been able to get out. We've had sleet here & sn*w is forecast overnight & tomorrow & I'm already going into denial about it all. This (long) weekend Charles & I have an 11 hour drive to visit his mom in the hospital. We'll have to be extra slow & careful.

Unfortunately, I seem to have started falling apart once I hit 41 last year. I was hoping for a break from health issues after my last 2 surgeries but it was in "vein" (pardon the pun.) The results of recent bloodwork for a long-time swollen gland in my neck are the painful, 2" long bruise in my arm (shown here,) & that I have hypothyroidism. At least that can be managed with medication. Unfortunately other tests revealed something that may require another surgery. I just hope that will be eventual, rather than immediate. I've been healthy as a horse my whole life. Being suddenly confronted with aging has not been fun.

On the plus side, I have some works in the local "Art @ the Mall" show, starting this coming Monday. The details are on my website calendar and my Facebook events listings.

10 comments:

CTStudios said...

Thanks for the notice about the upcoming show. We were looking for things to do next week, and what a great mixture ... shopping & art

Natasha Fondren said...

Aw, that sucks. I'm sorry, Lana! They say these things come in threes, right? So hopefully this'll be the last for another 41 years. :-)

Larry said...

That's too bad that your being challenged with health issues.That's good that your focusing on the positive aspects of your life and not letting it drag you down.

Cloudia said...

Wishing you well, Lana!



Aloha,


Comfort Spiral

Kate S said...

Oh, my. I hope it's nothing serious and you feel better soon. Darned 40's.

fazrul arhan said...

It's great that you have a website now Lana.Much easier to make a sale of our product..congratulation!

Erik Donald France said...

May you have a salubrious New Year, y'all!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey honey,

I hope you feel better soon -- I know what you mean, it seems like medical news is NEVER fun. Thanks so much for the beautiful painting. You and Charles take care in your travels -- much love to you all.

Lynda Lehmann said...

Lana, I know how you feel. We really have to take care of ourselves as these issues creep up on us. I try to keep a sense of humor, but it isn't easy. Like you, I have never been sick--and when something serious finally develops, it's a real kick in the head.

But I certainly hope you don't need another surgery.

And as you said, the hypothyroid can be taken care of. Hang in there. Things will improve and you'll feel better when spring comes and you can get out more.

Bird said...

Lana, that is crappy news. You have my sympathy - I've also found that things don't work like they used to since I hit a certain age but I've been lucky to avoid surgery. I guess one good thing is that you have been diagnosed so the problems can be addressed. It's still crappy though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails