My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Art Events (Updated)

Sat., Mar. 20th I'll be at the Art for Madisonville Art Market (see below.) My work will also be showing at BLAC's "Art at the Refuge" exhibit (but I won't be there until close to the end of the show on Sun., Mar. 21st.) My work is also currently on display/available at;
Femme Fest in New Orleans,
SAL's "Quest for Fire" exhibit in Slidell, LA,
The "Selections from Art for Madisonville Show" exhibit at "A Work of Art" Gallery in Madisonville, LA and
Phil's Grill in Hammond, LA.

(Update, Mar. 20th; Here are some shots from today's Art for Madisonville market, where I sold a few photos before the wind & the threat of rain chased me away. Considering the wind, I'm glad I opted for a "pared down" version of my "booth" that didn't require dragging out my canopy & all of the gridwalls.)


(Of course, without the shade I got a bit sunburnt today, despite my sunblock & hat, but all & all it was a good day.)

(Further update, Sun., Mar. 21; My "Gyrfalcon" painting sold at BLAC's "Art at the Refuge" show.)



(Yet further update, Mon., Mar. 22; I just found out that I won two 3rd place awards at SAL's "Quest for Fire" show and yet another one in an online show.)

16 comments:

Johnny Nutcase said...

that's awesome! congrats on selling some prints! I've always thought about/wanted to do a booth at fairs, but just haven't made the effort yet. Looks fun and your art looks great!

Rick said...

Boy, does your art look great! And it looks like tremendous fun. Sometime before year's end I'd love to get down to Louisiana to buy you and Charles dinner and see one of your art shows. Beth would love it, especially if we could loop through Tombstone, Arizona on our way back. Ther'e a restaurant there where she likes the food.

Lana Gramlich said...

Johnny Nutcase; Thank you. Many of these local markets don't cost an arm & a leg, which is nice.

Rick; You're too kind, as always. :) If you were ever to get out this way, I'd advise you to skip Jun. through Sept., when the heat will kill you where you stand. Fortunately there aren't many art markets then (if any.) But if y'all ever DID get over here, I'm afraid that I'd have to insist that we buy dinner. It's only fair. ;) I've been longing to get back to Arizona again myself, one of these days. So much to do, so little time...

Erik Donald France said...

How cool -- rock on, Lana!

Lana Gramlich said...

Erik; Thanks. I'm trying! :)

Michelle's Spell said...

Dearest Lana,

Great pictures as always! Saw the sad news for you and Charles concerning his mother. So so sorry to hear it. Sending lots of love to both of you.

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; Thanks much, hon. *hugs*

celticmusicfan said...

you are blessed to be surrounded by beauty and creating them.

Abraham said...

Your Gyrfalcon is neat. I liked that.

Thirty or more years ago when my son was about 10, we used to pack up and go to art shows all over the place. I sold oils in those days. I am glad it got out of my system and computers came along.

Dave Coulter said...

That gyrfalcon is awesome....well done!

Lisa said...

Congratulations on all these great developments, Lana! That Gyrfalcon painting is so incredibly beautiful. I'm sure the new owner is so happy!

Lana Gramlich said...

celticmusicfan; I know I am, & I appreciate it. :)

Abraham; I'm glad you liked my gyrfalcon. It took me hours (despite being somewhat minimalist.) I'm still in the throes of attending art markets, but I stick to the local area, at least. In my childhood I worked at carnivals all over NY & I really didn't like it after a while.

Dave; Thanks. :) I've never had something win & sell so fast!

Lisa; Thank you. The gyrfalcon's new owner actually gave me a hug (& he also has another painting of mine,) so I'm sure he'll give it a good home. :)

bernie kasper said...

Congrats on the sales Lana..I have to agree on the Gyrfalcon..What an incredible piece of art !!

Lana Gramlich said...

bernie; Thank you kindly. I liked it a lot, myself. :)

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Birds are your niche - amazing!!!!

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; Yes, I think I'm accepting that these days & trying to go more in that direction. Only fitting, I s'pose, since I've been bird watching since I was about 6!

Related Posts with Thumbnails