My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Life

Despite being largely couch-ridden as I recover (& I am already feeling much better,) I have at least been stealing occasional shots around my yard as Spring makes herself comfortable. We're very glad to have her back.


Pear trees blooming in town (before I fell ill.)

I'm 99% sure this is one of 2 large, laurel oaks in our backyard. I know they litter the yard with acorns every fall, regardless.

The raccoon was back again today, but had a lot of catkins to contend with in its attempts to pilfer birdseed. The pollen counts lately HAVE to be high. Both of our cars have turned pale yellow-green.

Even the crane flies were getting bizzay.

I haven't seen more indigo buntings since the other day, but I did spot a couple of male brown-headed cowbirds out back yesterday.

In other news, my humble, little blog was recently honored as one of The Best 47 Photo Blogs on the Web.

My blog-friend, JJ, also recently gave me a "Happy 101" award. I'm now going to break most of the rules (as usual,) but here are 10 things that make me happy; Charles, birds, stargazing, hiking, hearing from family & friends, artistic creation, dreamworking, relaxing on my deck, Strawberry Newtons and nature.

9 comments:

David Cranmer said...

I love these striking images (pear tree in particular) of Spring. And thank goodness it has arrived.

Congrats on the blog awards.

Charles Gramlich said...

congrats on the recognition for The Dreaming Tree. So well deserved.

Travis said...

We were working on a great spring, until a series of storms started rolling through. It's April in the northwest.

Christina said...

I like your "shots" better than the doctors. ^_^ Nature's medicine for the soul. Beautiful. I kid not, I think sometimes I should carry my camera around, but I don't think I'd capture moments like you do.

eric1313 said...

Congratulations on your honor! However, we all already knew that... but still, it is nice to be acknowledged when all we are doing is something we love.

I was blown away by the amount of pollen on everything last spring whilst living in Arkansas... next comes the hickory droppings!

Take care you guys!

Doson said...

Great Images Skippy..
Happy Spring & get well soon *hugs

avery said...

Congratulations on the award. I'm glad for a little sunshine cast your way!

Hope the Rx meds are helping you feel better.

Chrissy said...

I am glad you are feeling a little better.I understand the frustrations of being a couch person! Lovely photo's Lana and deservingly in that top 47 :D

Lana Gramlich said...

David, Charles, avery & Chrissy; Thank you. :)

Travis; Ugh! My sympathies!

Christina; I recommend carrying a camera around (but do be careful it's not stolen, as happened to me once years ago. Bummer, that.)

eric1313; Thank you. :) Last Spring the pollen was pretty bad here, too. Nice to see the life, but when the air is thick with spores, DANG!

Skippy; Thanks, hon. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails