My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, May 14, 2010

Astronomically Speaking & A Cool Idea

A rare meeting of planets and spaceships is going on this weekend. Click the link for the details. In my area Sunday at 8:59pm is THE time to pop out for a gander. Although we desperately need the rain that we're forecast for the time, I hope we get a brief window to see the spectacle.

In other news, I wanted to mention something my blog-friend, Avery, is up to. She's writing "Junket City" Mad-Lib style; asking people for names, places, activities, etc. (& taking votes on actions,) which she then writes into the story. It's a really cool idea & has been fun & entertaining so far. Pop over (via the link provided,) to add your 2 cents!

13 comments:

celticmusicfan said...

Lana I am also passionate about everything Astronomical. Thanks for the heads up!

Travis Cody said...

I love Junket City!

Erik Donald France said...

Sunday night -- I will look to the skies for sure -- here's to clear skies and good eyes'

Erik Donald France said...

ps. tonight, I'm seeing a thin sliver of bright light at the edge of a dark moon, like an eclipse. Eerie beautiful.

troutbirder said...

Interesting. btw I loved you shots of the water lilies. Ours aren't open yet.

Radka said...

On the blog you have amazing photos. I like to photograph his son Matěj. Have a nice day Radka.

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing style.Please keep on working hard.^^

V said...

i read something on a photo forum about seeing jupiter above the moon? guess i'll stop guess and go click the link.

V said...

hmm, maybe it wasn't jupiter, but this sounds like what the person missed. a photo op. oh well.

Lydia said...

Hi, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

Lynda Lehmann said...

How cool that is, Lana! I hope we can see it up here in the North country.

I used to subscribe to NASA news, but you know how after awhile we have to let some of our favorites go...

Lana Gramlich said...

celticmusicfan; Anytime. :)

Travis Cody; Yes! It's been lots of fun!

Erik; We were pretty much clouded out, unfortunately. I love seeing earthshine on the Moon. So lovely!

troutbirder; I don't know what variety we have, but they open for the day & close overnight. Glad you enjoyed.

Radka, maybe & Lydia; Thanks for your kind comment.

V; Jupiter might be visible now, too. I used to write a quarterly astronomy column, but that was long ago. I'm afraid I'm not even "up" on what's out these days...

Lynda; I think NASA news isn't one I'd ever let go, but I'm a nerd that way. ;) *L*

sewa mobil said...

love it!!! thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails