My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Monday, May 3, 2010

Birds & Changes (Updated)

Recent yard visitors include a pair of migrating rose-breasted grosbeaks & (this morning,) a great crested flycatcher. Unfortunately I can't post any pictures right now, as I'm working on a brand new computer. A recent virus/malware & improper system shutdown problem rendered my old computer virtually useless. I didn't transmit my problem to others, though, so don't worry about that.
I spent most of last night configuring the new computer (& getting used to Win7 instead of XP.) Transferring all of my old data to the new unit is a daunting task (I've saved EVERY photo I've taken since 2008 on that thing--at least the new computer has a 1TB HD!) I'm hoping the changeover will all be done by the end of the day, but it might take me a little longer. Please bear with me.

(Update, the end of the day; I've got everything changed over. Here's a picture of the rose-breasted grosbeaks...)

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Hope all runs smoothly, sweetums.

Demon Hunter said...

Take your time, Lana. I need a new system myself. :-D

Erik Donald France said...

Good luck! Transfer sounds painstaking.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; Thanks, hon.

DH; Be warned--if you're transfering from XP to Win7 64-bit, there are going to be problems... <:(

Erik; Everything's transferred, basically. Unfortunately some of my old programs either won't work or can't even be installed on this thing. Ah, Winblows!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful birds and photo. I lvoe the RB Grosebeaks. They only pass thru here, I wish some would stay around for awhile, they are so pretty.

Lana Gramlich said...

eileeninmd; Thanks. Same here. As a matter of fact, it's already been some days since I last saw this pair. :(

sewa mobil said...

I really liked your blog and very informative

sewa mobil di surabaya said...

keep working and struggle, your hard work is expected to produce satisfactory results
GBU

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks, sewa. Of course, this post is from months ago now. My computer's up & running to the best of it's ability now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails