My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Book Sale & Random Stuff

Some of my works were recently published (again) in "Anthology of Friends; An Original Collection, " (this time Vol. 8,) produced by members of the Ovation online community. Blurb is having a 20% off sale on it through the end of July. Just enter LIBERATION (in all caps,) as the promotional code. FYI, I get no monies from the sale of that book, but my works are available in numerous, other, cheaper formats directly through me (from which I do make a little money,) inc. books, postcards, mugs, magnets, hats, calendars, BBQ aprons, etc.

I've been quite busy lately. With Summer Reading upon us, I've been racking up extra hours working at the library, not that I'm complaining. I've also been busy with my art business. The "business" side of things typically takes up more of my time than the actual art does. I'm currently mulling over what to paint next but again, I'm not complaining.

I'm just about over a sinus infection that turned into a lung infection, but worse than that, I've been suffering through intense bouts of alleged vestibular neuronitis that've taken up most of this year (so far.) Bouts are "supposed" to last 10-14 days with long breaks in between. Unfortunately, for the last couple of years I've been experiencing the opposite (or worse.) Unfortunately there's no effective treatment that won't make me feel like crap in other ways & I already feel crappy enough.

On the plus side, however, I still stop on occasion to fully appreciate having the use of my left arm back. 3 cheers (again) for Dr. Petroff (my nurse practitioner,) and Dr. Devraj (the orthopedic surgeon.) Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

22 comments:

Christina said...

Glad you're feeling better. Has it been raining there a lot?

Do you volunteer for the library or work there?

Lana Gramlich said...

Christina; It tends to rain here daily in the Summer because of the heat & humidity, so I don't know that it's been particularly a lot. I work at the library (for over 3 yrs now.)

Charles Gramlich said...

Yeah, we've gotten some rain.

Kate S said...

Oh, no! Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well.

I know what you mean about the "business" side of things taking up more time than the actual work you're trying to sell.

Hope you are 100% well soon.

Lana Gramlich said...

Kate; The vestibular neuronitis has been with me about 15 years now, unfortunately. I'm starting to suspect it's just something I'm going to have to live with until my end days. Thanks, though. I appreciate the sentiment.

Erik Donald France said...

Vestibular Neuronitis sounds horrible - here's to your good health, Lana, and freedom! Love the photo.

celticmusicfan said...

Beautiful photo. As always I will say that coming here because it is true. Yay! Summer reading! Post details soon :)

Cloudia said...

Thats GREAT about your arm!


You role-model being an artist and keeping on. Thank you. When we move ashore I want some of your art.



Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

timethief said...

Dear Lana,
My heart goes out to you. I did not know that you have faced all the challenges of vestibular neuronitis at all nor for so many years. I can relate as I am chronically ill too. I do hope there is a cure for you, of course, but there are sow many middleaged talented, truly gifted artists and musicians like you, who may carry these odd-ball conditions and syndromes with them to the grave. They all have the courage and motivation to rise above their circumstances and create.

Most of all, I'm delighted to hear the outcome of your surgery and getting the use of your arm back - YES!

All my love to you always,
TiTi

Lisa said...

So so glad to hear your arm is better! Sorry about your sinus and lung troubles though. Sending you lots of healthy vibes, Lana.
That egret photo is STUNNING! Hope you had a wonderful 4th! :-)

Lana Gramlich said...

Erik; Thanks, hon. :)

celticmusicfan; Thank you. Not much to post on summer reading, really. Lots of kids signed up & a fraction of them finished (as usual.)

Cloudia; Keep me posted. ;)

TT; That's very kind of you. Unfortunately there's no cure for my condition (although it's "supposed" to have run it's course & been over by now--which I thought it almost was, a couple of years ago.) The constructs of the inner ear are far too miniscule to manipulate or repair, not to mention that not much in-depth research has been done on balance disorders. I just hope that changes for future generations, as I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
It's much more heartening to think about my functioning shoulder. It's a good distraction from the annoyance of near-constant dizziness.

Lisa; Thanks, hon. We did have a good 4th. Went for a spontanous hike during a not-so-hot section of the day, during which we startled up a few bobwhite quail (which are endangered & as such, were even more of a joy to see.)

letspaintnature.com said...

I'm glad your arm is better and I hope you stay healthy!

Travis Cody said...

Huzzah for the use of both arms!

The Aethernaut said...

I'm glad your arm is still working well, I can remember when you went for the surgery. It's horrible about your chronic illness, and I hope something can be done for it in the future.

The whole business thing does take up a lot of time - it's been killing my creativity stone dead and I think I'm going to take a break from it for a couple of months, see if I can refill the well if you know what I mean. Good to see you have a lot of interesting stuff going on though, I hope it proves fruitful.

Barbara Martin said...

Excellent news about your arm, Lana.

Love the Egret photo at the bottom.

Lana Gramlich said...

Christine; Thanks. Me, too!

Travis; Amen, brutha.

The Aethernaut; I know what you mean about refilling the well. I think all creative types need to do that, really. I'm sure your time off will prove fruitful, in the end.

Barbara; Thank you. :)

v said...

three cheers from me for use of your left arm. that had to be challenging, but things are looking up. love the pic.

Lana Gramlich said...

v; Yes! I'm so glad I had that surgery! :D

bernie kasper said...

Glad your arm is better, here is to happier and healthier times..BTW love the Egret !!

Lana Gramlich said...

Bernie; Thanks. I was rather pleased that the egret posed so sweetly for me, too. ;)

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey beautiful,

Glad to hear that arm is better! As for the other ailment, that is evil! I know what you mean about the cure being worse than the disease sometimes. LOVE the latest pictures -- so very beautiful.

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; Thanks much, hon. I have another appt. about the balance problem. We'll see what happens...

Related Posts with Thumbnails