My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Truly Random Images

Closeup of a local wildflower.

I kind of liked the colors, textures & lines here, outside the front door of a hotel in Arkansas.

We live in "the piney woods" here on the northshore of Lake Pontchartrain, so this cell tower on Hwy. 190 in Mandeville is "camoflaged" to fit in (as much as it can, at least.)

Flower longhorn beetle on mystery flower.

The world's best salad (and to be honest, I think I prefer it without the added chicken.) The colors, the textures, the tastes--this is truly a lush banquet of a salad. See the almond slivers in there? The slices of mandarin oranges? Go ahead--click & blow it up big for a good look. There are candied walnuts and some kind of very mild cheese, all graced with a wonderful raspberry vinagrette. On my migraine diet (I'm into my 2nd month now,) I can't have any of that, but you can. Go to Taqueria Noria in Mandeville, LA, order a "La Noria salad" and enjoy.

11 comments:

Abraham Lincoln said...

I am the same way and prefer salads without meat.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'd have to agree on the deliciousness of the salad, and I don't eat salads. But I want the chicken.

Rick said...

After a really strange and stressful week, it is such a pleasure to come here and be soothed by your art. You have such a gift.

Chrissy said...

I would want the chicken too. I hope your new diet isn't too restrictive :( Great photo's, as always. I quite like mystery bugs... :-) The ID's always seem to come along in a more interesting way than me poring through my book!

Memorizing Nature said...

First time I've seen a camouflaged cell tower. Interesting.

Travis Cody said...

I like that picture of the edge of the building. I'm not very knowledgeable about art, but I get what you mean about color and texture.

Scott said...

Lana,

More great pics, random or not! Thanks again for sharing!

Erik Donald France said...

Except for the La Noria salad -- which looks tasty -- these all look like some kind of alien probes out of the Twilight Zone!

Lana Gramlich said...

Abe; This one's particularly good meatless & is still filling, all on its own.

Charles; You can have the chicken. :)

Rick; I'm sorry for your recent troubles, hon. That really sucks. *hug* <:(

Chrissy; The diet's intensely restrictive, unfortunately, but well worth it to stop the world from spinning! Thanks for the comment on my photos. I usually get IDs from bugguide.net. A lot of knowledgeable people there.

Memorizing Nature; It took me a time or two before I realized it, myself. Better than non-camouflaged, I s'pose.

Travis C.; I'm glad you like that one, too. Sometimes (rarely, I admit,) I DO try to use my artistic eye to pick out non-natural subjects. *L*

Scott; Thank you, hon. :)

Erik; The salad is to DIE for. Good point on the probes, too...Never thought of it that way!

Larry said...

I like photo number two. How odd you took that picture and even stranger that I find it visually appealing-but I do.looks like something that would be in a modern art museum.

Lana Gramlich said...

Larry; I'm glad you like it. I like that one, too. Certainly not my "usual" subject matter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails