My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Monday, December 20, 2010

Book, Quiz and Eclipse

I recently had a gander at "50 Modern Artists You Should Know" by Christiane Weidemann and Christine Nippe and put together this quiz for your enjoyment. Match the artist with the style or works they're famous for. For example; Andy Warhol.....Cambpell's Soup Cans

Jackson Pollack............Colorful Junglescapes
Vincent Van Gogh............Color Field Painting
Damian Hirst..................Afro-Urban Graffiti
Paul Cezanne...........................Stuffed Shark
Claude Monet...............Inventor of Pointilism
Roy Lichtenstein..................................Cubism
Paul Gauguin..................................Unibrows
Andres Serrano................Comic Book Style Art
Georges Seurat....Giant Balloon Animal Sculptures
Mark Rothko.......Master of Post-Impressionism
Gustav Klimt..................Splatter/drip paintings
Georgia O'Keeffe.............................Surrealism
Salvadore Dali..............................Water Lilies
Frida Kahlo........................................The Kiss
Jeff Koons......................................Sunflowers
Henri Rousseau..............................Piss Christ
Jean-Michel Basquiat.........South Sea Islanders
Pablo Picasso...........................Floral Close Ups

Feel free to leave a comment with your answers &/or guesses. Correct answers will be provided in a few days.

In astronomical news, there will be a total lunar eclipse in the early hours of Dec. 21st.

8 comments:

Brave Astronaut said...

So what do I win? (I got a little more than half right off the bat - then process of elimination did the rest)

Jackson Pollack - Splatter/drip paintings
Vincent Van Gogh - Sunflowers
Damian Hirst - Stuffed Shark
Paul Cezanne - Master of Post-Impressionism
Claude Monet - Water Lilies
Roy Lichtenstein - Comic Book Style Art
Paul Gauguin - South Sea Islanders
Andres Serrano - Piss Christ
Georges Seurat - Inventor of Pointilism
Mark Rothko - Color Field Painting
Gustav Klimt - The Kiss
Georgia O'Keeffe - Floral Close Ups
Salvadore Dali - Surrealism
Frida Kahlo - Unibrows
Jeff Koons - Giant Balloon Animal Sculptures
Henri Rousseau - Colorful Junglescapes
Jean-Michel Basquiat - Afro-Urban Graffiti
Pablo Picasso - Cubism

Cain and Todd Benson said...

What you get mixing "Piss Christ" with Damien Hirst's "For the Love of God"

"Piss Hirst". Art, image.

http://cainandtoddbenson.wordpress.com/2010/12/19/piss-hirst-damien-hirst/

Charles Gramlich said...

I got Pollack, Dali, Picasso, Monet and maybe a couple of others. Then I cheated and looked at Brave AStronaut's list.

Christina said...

I couldn't begin to guess, but I wish I knew what lined up together.

debra said...

I did pretty well---too tired to list them. Happy solstice to you, Lana

Rick said...

Uh- don't ask me how I did. And I still think Lichenstein is a white wine.

Rick said...

And Van Goh I knew from that song he wrote, "Starry Starry Night."

Travis Cody said...

I need a book like this. I recognize many of those names, but I could only match a couple. My art knowledge is deficient and Pam wouldn't even help me with the quiz! She knows way more than I do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails