My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Camera at the Flatwoods & Legal News (Updated)

Last week I received a new Canon EOS Rebel T2i (18MP) as a gift from my wonderful husband, Charles. In the middle of some unseasonably cold weather, today it was up to 70F or so. We took the opportunity to pop over to the Flatwoods before the rains came.





Northern mockingbird. We also saw a woodpecker and a bunch of yellow-rumped warblers. We heard Carolina chickadees and a cardinal or two.


I'm really liking the new camera so far. It takes much better shots in low light, is a lot lighter than my older Canon & gives me almost 3x as many megapixels!

In legal news, on Wed. morning I was awarded a default judgment in my court case vs. Sean Bishop (who sold my works earlier this year through Potter Greenthumb's & never paid me.) Thanks to everyone in Abita Springs for their support and aid through this process. A special thanks to my witnesses (despite their testimony becoming unnecessary, after all.) I may never actually see the money, but winning my case is enough closure to allow me to move forward again.
(Update; Shortly afterwards, I was not displeased to learn that Sean had been arrested for some kind of altercation at his old shop.)

21 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

That fourth photo down is absolutely stunning. Congrats on your victory in court.

Charles Gramlich said...

Thumbs up sweety.

Mario said...

I love the textures caught on the tree trunk shot. And that path is very inviting. Looks like you will be enjoying that new camera for sure!

PhotoDiction

Lana Gramlich said...

JR; Thank you very much. :)

Charles; Thanks for the help, hon.

Mario; I'm hoping for clear skies for the impending lunar eclipse, for sure!

Chrissy said...

I am pleased to hear that you got some kind of justice. You appear to be making good use of the new camera, great shots.

Travis Cody said...

Enjoy the new camera. And congrats on the court win.

jay.me said...

Hi Lana, So glad you are enjoying your new camera! --And congratulations on winning your case.

pilgrimchick said...

Sorry to hear about that court case--at least judgement fell in your favor.

Larry said...

I like photo 2-it makes me want to explore that spot.Glad you won your case but it's too bad that someone would want to cheat like that.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

A camera is only as good as the photographer. Your images are always stunning! (Very nice gift though!!)

Lana Gramlich said...

Chrissy; Thanks. :) I was not displeased afterwards to learn that he was arrested shortly afterwards.

Travis C., jay.me & pilgrimchick; Thanks.

Larry; I like that photo, too (and I agree about cheating.)

Michelle (artscapes); You're too kind. Yes, it's a wonderful gift. My husband rocks. :)

Lynda Lehmann said...

What goes 'round, comes 'round. Glad to hear you won your case. Justice is served, at least partly. ;)

I'm happy for you to have a new camera. How sweet of Charles!

I want one too, badly, but will have to wait. Your photos are looking good!

I wish you and Charles a Merry Christmas and the continued beauty of nature as your solace. And good health to you, for the New Year!

Lana Gramlich said...

Lynda; Thanks, hon and back atcha for sure. :) *hug*

Halcyon said...

Lovely shots, as always! And glad to hear that justice was served. :)

Lana Gramlich said...

Halcyon; Thanks. :) I'm just glad to put it all behind me.

Laurie Powers said...

I love my Canon Rebel - it's five years old now and I should probably upgrade, but this one keeps on ticking. Glad the lawsuit is over - money or not, it's good to feel vindicated.

Lana Gramlich said...

Laurie; Thanks. I still love my old Rebel too (& will still be using it, for sure. ;)

Marvin said...

Great shots with your new camera. I especially like the mockingbird.

Lana Gramlich said...

Marvin; Thank you!

V said...

yay on the new camera. i shoot with olympus but should be receiving a canon rebel xt this week with a kit lens. i've read decent things about it and will use it to play with and for comparison. canon has always been my favorite, but i love my olympus cameras because they are different, like me.

have fun with it. look forward to seeing more of your artwork.

Lana Gramlich said...

V; I've heard a lot of good stuff about Olympus, but since I already had Canon lenses (& some operational knowledge,) I figured I'd stick with it. Unfortunately it's been cold & wet since then. <:\

Related Posts with Thumbnails