My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Renn Faire & Art News (Updated)

Last weekend we went to the Louisiana Rennaisance Festival in Hammond (or the Village of Albright, depending on how you look at it.) It's always a good time & we ran into people we know (all of whom were part of the cast, now that I think about it.) At any rate, here's a photo of the entrance & parts of the entertaining joust show...

At the entrance (the Queen's above the center arch.)

Sir William, the knight representing the left half of the audience and a cheating scallywag!

"Our" knight, Sir Victor, who was victorious by the end of the event.






In art news...

Slidell Art League's Christmas at the Depot show opened yesterday. Unfortuntately I didn't make it out there, as it seems a recent head cold's developing into bronchitis or some such (I've got meds, though, so I should be a-okay soon enough.) I have a couple of pieces in the show, so feel free to go on down and have a look (the hrs of operation are available via the link, above.) (Update, Dec. 3, 2010; My Pied-Billed Grebe photo won 3rd Place.)

My abstract, Supernova, is also up and available in the Gulf Coast charity art auction. 50% of the sale price goes directly to the Louisiana Sea Turtle and Marine Mammal Rescue Program, a volunteer organization based out of Audubon Aquarium of the America in New Orleans. If you're not able to buy the painting yourself, please feel free to help me spread the word by stumbling, "liking," tweeting, e-mailing, etc. the page around. The auction's over in less than a month & I really hope to be able to "help the cause" with Supernova's sale. (Update, Dec. 20, 2010; The work didn't sell.)

13 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I didn't realize you'd gotten such good photos of the jousting.

Travis Erwin said...

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying hard enough. So says this scalawag.

skdd said...

I love the shot of the knight laughing and the way his body movement tells a story. Great shot!

Theresa

Ghetto_Owl said...

Awesome shots. I also love the one of the knight laughing! However my favorite is the head on one - the one where Sir Victor is riding away from the camera and his opponent is riding towards it. That is really great! Thanks for sharing!!

Travis Cody said...

Great action shots! I like the sword fighting.

Photodiction said...

Great shot of the swordplay on horseback. I enjoy events like these too - the photo opps are always plentiful.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; Thanks, hon. I'm glad I got that shot of Sir Victor laughing.

Travis E.; That sounds like pirate talk! *L*

skdd; Thanks. I like that one, too. :)

Ghetto_Owl; Thanks for the kind comment. Glad you enjoyed!

Travis C.; Thank you. It was an entertaining display. :)

Photodiction; Thanks. The main reason for going was for the photo ops, to be honest. It was a good day, all around.

troutbirder said...

What fun. Of course its a summer event here and in Colorado where I've also been. We love the acting, the crafts.... and the food.

Halcyon said...

Such fun! I love renaissance fairs. Would have loved to check this one out.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Now that looks like it was a blast! :)

Lana Gramlich said...

troutbirder; Yes, lots of fun for sure. I can't imagine wearing plate armor in OUR summers, though!

Halcyon; They're all pretty good, really. Dedicated people, after all!

Michelle (artscapes); Yes, always fun & interesting!

Erik Donald France said...

Hope you feel better! A lot of junk making the rounds in trhe airways.

Cool pix -- I like the contrast between the mock fighting and the backdrop, kind of surreal.

Lana Gramlich said...

Erik; I do feel better, thank you and yes, definitely surreal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails