My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, February 18, 2011

Art News (Updated)

The other night I attended my first Slidell Photography Club meeting. I met some really nice people, learned more about the club, had a good time & even won an award or two!

In other news, this weekend's an Art for Madisonville member's exhibit. If you have a problem with that link, try this one. I'll be sitting with the show on Sun., from 2-4pm. If you're going to be in the area, c'mon down!

In other news, my Artist of the Month display is still up at the UU Church in Lacombe, LA (see link,) and some of my work is also now available at Dawn Marie's Cafe in Abita Springs.

Update, Feb. 19, 2011; My Sunset through Live Oaks took 1st Place (photography) at the Art for Madisonville Show;

21 comments:

Leovi said...

Beautiful photo, with a very interesting and unusual perspective, I like

Charles Gramlich said...

This pic has me wanting some Mandarin Chicken and hot and sour soup.

benrie kasper said...

It's great seeing you keep so busy Lana..same thing here but never enough time in a day !!

Tyhitia Green said...

I love that pic. :-D

Lana Gramlich said...

Leovi & Tyhitia; Thanks! :)

Charles; I knew it would. ;)

bernie; I hear you. To be honest, I'm on the verge of taking a well-needed break, myself!

crayonsencore said...

Lana, these photos are really beautiful -- I went back about 4 posts. A gentle and adoring view of nature.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Wow! "My Sunset through Live Oaks" is visually stunning! I clicked on the photo for a better look. It certainly deserved 1st place.

Kelly said...

That phot at the bottom is not only beautiful, it has a mysterious quality to it, too. Congrats on the awards! You deserve them.

Lana Gramlich said...

crayonsencore; Thanks, hon. Great to see you blogging again!

JR; Thanks. It's a personal favorite. I've tried to outdo myself with that same subject, but it seems it's not to be...

Kelly; Thank you. :) I appreciate the support!

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Congratulations! Although I am not surprised.... :-)
I am so happy to see you so busy and doing so well! You deserve it!

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks, Michelle. You're very sweet! :)

celticmusicfan said...

Beautiful, otherworldly and consistent. A joy to behold.

Lana Gramlich said...

Thank you, celticmusicfan. I'm glad you like it. :)

Travis Cody said...

I really like that sunset photo. Wow.

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks, Travis. I was at the right place at the right time. :)

Larry said...

That photo is unbelievably great! It is so mystical with beautiful lighting.

Lana Gramlich said...

Larry; Thank you kindly. It was taken outside our favorite, local, Chinese restaurant. *L*

eileeninmd said...

Lana, the tree shot is just amazing. I can not get over the awesome lighting. Well done!

Lana Gramlich said...

Eileen; Thank you kindly. It's one of my personal favorites. :)

Dreamer's Click said...

Amazing sunset picture!!

Lana Gramlich said...

Thank you, Dreamer's Click. I'm glad you like it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails