My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Road Trip, Day 3 (Pt. 5); Carlsbad, NM

On the afternoon of Mon., May 10th, we went to our mutually favorite stop on the whole trip, Carlsbad Caverns Nat'l Park. Like the silence they request in the caverns, I'll let the images do the talking...



















We stopped at an attraction outside, where Charles took some photos of a one-time Native American dwelling.

Carlsbad Caverns was awe-inspiring and beautiful. If you ever have the opportunity to go there, I insist that you do! It was so overwhelming that I didn't realize how badly my feet were killing me (after 3ish miles of walking throughout the day,) until we stepped out of the cavern. My brain just had too much to process at once.

Next stop; The Hubbard Museum of the American West.

10 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Those images sure do talk purty! :)

G said...

Awesome natural beauty.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful shots from the cavern, Lana! My hubby would love this place , he is a spleunker and belongs to a caving club here.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; It was a wonderful experience and I'm glad we shared it together. :)

G; Absolutely!

eileeninmd; Thanks! Yes, you both MUST go...It was just incredible!

Travis Cody said...

I still remember how amazing the caverns were, and I must have been about 11 when I saw them. Cool pics!

Esmerelda Crow said...

Beautiful photos! There's something very special about being beneath the earth like that. I visited Carlsbad Caverns years ago and would love to go back. Luckily where I live (Illinois) is not too far from some decent caves in Missouri and Indiana, but Carlsbad has to be one of the best.

Chrissy said...

Incredible images, looks like somewhere that dragons should live :)

Erik Donald France said...

Those are really cool shots of space, light, perspective & dimension . . .

Michelle Basic Hendry said...

Awesome shots! This is a place to add to the 'must visit' list!

Lana Gramlich said...

Travis C.; Thank you. You should stop by again. It's just as amazing and now you have more mature eyes. :)

Esmerelda Crow; Thanks! Yes, I've visited other caves, too, but Carlsbad put them all to shame. Absolutely breathtaking!

Chrissy; Thank you and yes! Considering the massive size of the Great Room, a FEW dragons could've lived in there!

Erik; Thank you. :) The photos don't really convey the experience, unfortunately. I'll never forget it, myself. Just fantastic!

Michelle Basic Hendry; Thanks. Yes, it's definitely a "must visit" place--trust me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails