My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Road Trip, Day 4 (Pt. 4); Bosque del Apache NWR

More from Bosque del Apache NWR...

Also frequently seen in Louisiana, a great blue heron.

There were some cool sculptures in the garden by the visitor's center.

Another Louisiana regular, great egrets. My main reason for posting this shot was to show the difference between them and the cattle egret (the smaller bird in the shot.)

Mule deer.

Say's phoebe.

My first sighting of neotropic cormorants.

Twin-spotted spiny lizard.

My first sighting of ruddy ducks.

In more recent, non-trip news, my "Detail from Crowned Crane" photo was recently "Explored" on flickr.

Next stop; the VLA.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Those sculptures were indeed cool. I've seen a lot of cool stuff done in metals like that.

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks, hon. :)

eileeninmd said...

Great series of photos. I love all the birds and the sculpture is cool looking.

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks again, Eileen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails