My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, July 8, 2011

Road Trip, Day 6 (Pt. 2); Sedona, AZ

After lunch, we headed to Red Rock State Park. The shaded paths along Oak Creek were a welcome change from the blazing sun of the morning.


Part of an exhibit in the Visitors' Center.


We spent quite a while relaxing by the cool creek, which may have been my favorite part of our Sedona excursions.

Water boatmen.

Mystery butterfly (I'd take an ID, again.)

Western box elder bug nymphs.

We saw some birds on our walk, including a female pyrrhuloxia and a hummingbird, both which escaped the view of my cameras. We had dinner at Rene at Tlaquepaque, a boutique area styled in the manner of a Mexican villa. When last I was here, this was a dirt parking lot surrounded by trees. Charles had antelope and I had roasted duck. It was pricey, but delicious.

After dinner we headed for Page, AZ. Our directionally-challenged GPS directed us into the Flagstaff airport. It obviously wasn't taking the job seriously anymore. On our way through Flagstaff we saw a bolide. It was ironic, considering we'd been at Meteor Crater the day before.

Next stop; Page, AZ.

6 comments:

eric1313 said...

Sedona looks so gorgeous! That creek looks like one could almost dip in a cup and take a drink.

Charles Gramlich said...

I so did enjoy soaking my feet in that stream. Wow it was nice.

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous photos of Sedona. The creek looks like the place to be on a hot day. Sounds like you saw some great birds too. I would love to visit Sedona someday. Thanks for sharing your visit.

Lana Gramlich said...

eric1313; I bet the creek WAS drinkable. It sure was cool on the toes. :)

Charles; I loved sitting there in the shade with you.

eileeninmd; Thank you! Yes, you should try to get there sometime. It's really lovely!

Travis Cody said...

Just catching up on your trip. Looks like you hit just about every highlight the desert landscape has to offer.

Lana Gramlich said...

Travis; We did what we could, considering the heat, that's for sure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails